Close Menu
Showbiz Now Magazine
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube LinkedIn TikTok
    Showbiz Now Magazine
    • Home
    • Celebrity News
    • Books
    • Film
    • Television
    • Music
    • Fashion & Style
    • Horror News
    • Cover Story
    • Contact
      • About us
      • Amazon Disclaimer
      • DMCA / Copyrights Disclaimer
      • Privacy Policy
      • Terms and Conditions
    Showbiz Now Magazine
    Home»Music»Judge Slashes Sara Rivers’ Lawsuit Against Sean Combs
    Music

    Judge Slashes Sara Rivers’ Lawsuit Against Sean Combs

    AdminBy AdminAugust 15, 20253 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Reddit WhatsApp
    Judge Slashes Sara Rivers’ Lawsuit Against Sean Combs


    A federal judge has permanently dismissed nearly all of the $60 million racketeering and sexual assault lawsuit that former Making the Band 2 contestant Sara Rivers filed against Sean Combs in February.

    In a ruling issued Thursday, U.S. District Judge Jed. S. Rakoff dismissed “finally and with prejudice” 21 of the 22 causes of action in the lengthy lawsuit, meaning they cannot be refiled. The suit alleged that Combs sexually harassed Rivers and stroked her breasts during production of the hit MTV reality show, which started filming in 2002.  

    The judge said he was holding off on deciding the fate of the last remaining cause of action – count 15 in the 148-page lawsuit – to wait for an appeals court decision on whether the claim-revival window opened under New York City’s Gender Motivated Violence Protection Act was allowed to remain open after New York’s Adult Survivors Act, a statewide statute, closed its window for otherwise time-barred sexual misconduct claims.

    In her cause of action citing the GMVPA, Rivers alleged that Combs “cornered” and sexually assaulted her at his recording studio and then blackballed her in the music industry when she rebuffed his advances.

    Judge Rakoff said he planned to issue a more detailed order in the future “setting forth the reasons” for his ruling. Combs and several of his co-defendants challenged the lawsuit as being beyond the statute of limitations. Several of Rivers’ claims were workplace-related violations.

    “From the outset, we have said these claims were meritless, time-barred, and legally deficient. The court agreed, finding no legal basis to allow them to proceed,” Comb’s civil lawyer Erica Wolff said in a statement. “We are pleased the court carefully analyzed and swiftly dismissed these baseless claims.”

    Rivers’ lawyer, Ariel Mitchell, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Known as Sara Stokes when she appeared on Making the Band 2, Rivers was a part of the Bad Boy Records hip hop group Da Band.

    In her lawsuit, Rivers claimed Combs controlled her sleeping schedule, mocked her eating disorder, yelled at her, and forced her to do menial manual labor without pay. She recalled the time Combs made Rivers and her bandmates walk from Manhattan to Brooklyn just to bring him a cheesecake. 

    Trending Stories

    Combs is still facing dozens of other civil lawsuits alleging sexual misconduct. The music mogul, 55, remains in federal custody pending his Oct. 3 sentencing for his conviction on two counts of transportation to engage in prostitution.

    After an eight-week trial in New York that ended last month, he was found guilty of the Mann Act violations but acquitted of the more serious charges of racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking.



    Original Source

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit WhatsApp

    Related Posts

    See Inside Lainey Wilson’s Wildly Ornate Nashville Home [Pics]

    August 30, 2025

    The Neighbourhood Reunites After 2021 Hiatus, Drummer Firing

    August 30, 2025

    The George Jones, Alan Jackson Duet You Never Knew Was Possible

    August 29, 2025

    Sabrina Carpenter’s Album ‘Man’s Best Friend’ Is Finally Here: Listen

    August 29, 2025

    13 Country Artists Who Should Play at Taylor Swift’s Wedding

    August 28, 2025

    Hilary Duff Celebrates ‘Metamorphosis’ Anniversary, Drops Cryptic Hint

    August 28, 2025

    Popular Posts

    ‘It’s Like Eating F—ing McDonald’s’: Sopranos Star Really Hated Top Gun: Maverick And Did Not Hold Back

    Film

    Is High Potentential Entering a “Will They, Won’t They” Phase With Morgan And Karadec?

    Television

    Javier Bardem Comments on the Collapse of Universal’s “Dark Universe” and His Desire to Play Frankenstein

    Horror News

    The Most Popular Books in US Public Libraries 2023

    Books

    Dollywood Reveals Plans For Its Longest Roller Coaster Yet

    Music

    Book Riot’s Deals of the Day for February 19, 2022

    Books

    ‘American Idol”s Hollywood Week Ends in a Shocking ‘Plot Twist’

    Music

    Categories
    • Books (2,174)
    • Celebrity News (2,884)
    • Cover Story (12)
    • Events (29)
    • Fashion & Style (2,272)
    • Film (2,428)
    • Horror News (2,808)
    • Interviews (77)
    • Music (4,195)
    • News (43)
    • Television (1,784)
    • Uncategorized (1)

    Archives

    HIghlights
    Celebrity News

    Fortune Feimster, Wife Jacquelyn “Jax” Smith Break Up

    Celebrity News By Admin

    Fortune Feimster’s marriage is coming to an end. The comedian and her wife Jacquelyn “Jax”…

    Rolling Stone Buys Majority Stake in ‘Life Is Beautiful’ Las Vegas Festival

    February 5, 2022

    ‘RHOBH’ Kyle Richards Doesn’t Consider Herself ‘Single’

    October 9, 2024

    How Toby Keith’s Multi-Millions in Investments Made Him a Mogul

    June 2, 2024
    Categories
    • Books (2,174)
    • Celebrity News (2,884)
    • Cover Story (12)
    • Events (29)
    • Fashion & Style (2,272)
    • Film (2,428)
    • Horror News (2,808)
    • Interviews (77)
    • Music (4,195)
    • News (43)
    • Television (1,784)
    • Uncategorized (1)
    HORROR
    • Revisiting the Disturbing ‘King of the Hill’ EpisodeRevisiting the Disturbing ‘King of the Hill’ Episode
    • ‘The Descent’ Prequel? Neil Marshall Floats the Idea of Returning to Monster-Infested Caves‘The Descent’ Prequel? Neil Marshall Floats the Idea of Returning to Monster-Infested Caves
    • ‘Mortal Kombat II’ Release Date Moves from October 2025 to May 2026 With New Poster‘Mortal Kombat II’ Release Date Moves from October 2025 to May 2026 With New Poster
    • New “Deep of Night” Mode Coming to ‘Elden Ring Nightreign’ on September 11New “Deep of Night” Mode Coming to ‘Elden Ring Nightreign’ on September 11
    USEFUL LINKS
    • Contact us
    • About us
    • Amazon Disclaimer
    • DMCA / Copyrights Disclaimer
    • Privacy Policy
    • Terms and Conditions
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube LinkedIn Reddit TikTok
    © 2025 Showbiz Now Magazine. All rights reserved. All articles, images, product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners. All company, product and service names used in this website are for identification purposes only. Use of these names, logos, and brands does not imply endorsement unless specified. By using this site, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.