Paramount+ is joining the Halloween streaming wars happening this month. With actors and writers on strike, the studios are having to promote their own content. Plus they seem to have tapped into something we already know, Halloween and horror movies go hand-in-hand.
To compete with popular apps such as Shudder and Screambox, which have their own produced content, the major studios are curating their own lists for subscribers. We have a list from Max. We have a list from Hulu/Disney. We have a list of theatrical releases. Heck, we even have lists of our own.
Of course, all of this is based on your wallet and budget for subscriptions. Still, if you shop around there are deals such as free trails or cable packages that could help you decide.
Today, Paramount+ released their Halloween schedule which they title the “Peak Screaming Collection” and is jam-packed with their successful brands as well as a few new things like the television premiere of Pet Sematary: Bloodlines on October 6.
They also have the new series Bargain and Monster High 2, both dropping on October 5.
These three titles will join a massive library of more than 400 movies, series, and Halloween-themed episodes of beloved shows.
Here is a list of what else you can discover on Paramount+ (and Showtime) through the month of October:
- Big Screen’s Big Screams: Blockbuster hits, such as Scream VI, Smile, Paranormal Activity, Mother! and Orphan: First Kill
- Slash Hits: Spine-chilling slashers, such as Pearl*, Halloween VI: The Curse of Michael Myers*, X* and Scream (1995)
- Horror Heroines: Iconic films and series, featuring scream queens, such as A Quiet Place, A Quiet Place Part II, YELLOWJACKETS* and 10 Cloverfield Lane
- Supernatural Scares: Otherworldly oddities with The Ring (2002), The Grudge (2004), The Blair Witch Project and Pet Sematary (2019)
- Family Fright Night: Family favorites and kids titles, such as The Addams Family (1991 and 2019), Monster High: The Movie, Lemony Snicket’s A Series of Unfortunate Events and A Really Haunted Loud House, which debuts on the service within collection on Thursday, September 28
- Coming of Rage: High-school horrors like TEEN WOLF: THE MOVIE, WOLF PACK, SCHOOL SPIRITS, Teeth*, Firestarter and My Dead Ex
- Critically Acclaimed: Praised scares, such as Arrival, District 9, Rosemary’s Baby*, Annihilation and Suspiria (1977)*
- Creature Features: Monsters take center stage in iconic films, such as King Kong (1976), Cloverfield*, Crawl and Congo*
- A24 Horror: Peak A24 thrillers, such as Midsommar*, Bodies Bodies Bodies*, The Killing of a Sacred Deer* and Men*
- Costume Goals: Cosplay contenders, such as Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves, Transformers: Rise of the Beasts, Top Gun: Maverick, Sonic 2, STAR TREK: STRANGE NEW WORLDS, TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES: MUTANT MAYHEM and Babylon
- Halloween Nickstalgia: Nostalgic episodes from Nickelodeon favorites, including SpongeBob SquarePants, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats (1991), iCarly (2007) and Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
- Suspenseful Series: Darkly captivating seasons of EVIL, Criminal Minds, The Twilight Zone, DEXTER* and TWIN PEAKS: THE RETURN*
- International Horror: Terrors from around the globe with Train to Busan*, The Host*, Death’s Roulette and Curandero
Paramount+ also will be the streaming home to CBS’ seasonal content, including the first-ever Big Brother primetime Halloween episode on October 31**; a wrestling-themed Halloween episode on The Price Is Right on October 31**; and a spooky celebration on Let’s Make a Deal on October 31**.
Other Paramount+ Peak Screaming Season events:
This season, the Peak Screaming offering will come to life with the first-ever Paramount+ Peak Screaming-themed celebration at the Javits Center Saturday, October 14, from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m., exclusively to New York Comic Con badge holders.
In addition, Paramount+ will present The Haunted Lodge, an immersive, pop-up Halloween experience, riddled with some of the scariest films and series from Paramount+. Visitors can step inside their favorite shows and movies, from SpongeBob SquarePants to YELLOWJACKETS to PET SEMATARY: BLOODLINES at The Haunted Lodge inside the Westfield Century City Mall in Los Angeles from October 27-29.
The Peak Screaming collection is available to stream now. To view the Peak Screaming trailer, click here.
* Title is available to Paramount+ with SHOWTIME plan subscribers.
**All Paramount+ with SHOWTIME subscribers can live stream CBS titles via the live feed on Paramount+. Those titles will be available on demand to all subscribers the day after they air live.